Ketocip Shampoo is an antifungal medicine used to treat fungal infections of the skin. It works by killing the fungus that causes the infections. It kills fungi by destroying the fungal cell membrane.
Ketocip Shampoo should be used in the dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. This medicine should be used regularly to get the most benefit from it. Do not use more than you need, it will not clear your condition faster and may only increase the side effects. Do not use it for longer than your doctor has told you to and let him or her know if your condition does not improve after 2 to 4 weeks of treatment. Make sure not to leave it on the scalp for more than 5 minutes. Ketoconazole Shampoo for Dandruff Treatment
Get freedom from dandruff with ketoconazole dandruff shampoo which is manufactured by the reputed brand Cipla. Ketoconazole shampoo is used for the treatment and prevention of fungal infections of the scalp thereby treating the itchy and flaky scalp.
Uses of Ketoconazole Dandruff Shampoo
Psoriasis: Ketoconazole is a common treatment for psoriasis and other skin inflammatory skin diseases that causes skin flaking, skin plaques, and redness.
Tinea Infections: The shampoo also treats Tinea capitis and Versicolor. It is a ringworm-like fungal infection that affects the scalp. Tinea versicolor is a skin infection caused by an overgrowth of a type of yeast that naturally lives in your skin.
Hair Loss: While Ketoconazole is used to treat infections like seborrheic dermatitis, there is unscientific evidence that it may help promote hair growth or reduce hair loss.
Directions for Using Anti Dandruff Ketoconazole Shampoo
- Wet your hair and scalp completely with water.
- Apply enough shampoo to produce enough lather to clean hair and scalp.
- Massage gently over the entire scalp and rinse with warm water.
- Repeat the process if directed by your doctor.
- Dosage, the number of applications, and the duration of treatment depend on the strength of the shampoo (1% or 2%). Carefully follow the instructions of your doctor or as printed on the label.
General Instructions for Ketoconazole Shampoo for Dandruff
- Use Ketocip shampoo exactly as instructed by your doctor- never more or less frequently.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, nose, or ears. If accidental exposure occurs, wash off immediately with plenty of water.
- You can also use your regular shampoo if necessary, between the treatment of Ketoconazole dandruff shampoo.
Side Effects of Ketoconazole Shampoo
You may experience some major or minor side effects of Ketoconazole dandruff shampoo like the abnormal texture of hair, discoloration, irritation, or pimple-like bumps on the scalp. If any of these conditions persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist immediately and stop using the shampoo.
If that doctor has instructed to use this shampoo, he/she has prescribed it only because the benefits are greater than the side effects. A very serious allergic reaction is unlikely to occur. But in case of rashes, itching, swelling, or dizziness, consult your doctor at once.